Giving to the Institute
Civility is not something that automatically happens. Civil societies come about because people want them to.” Jimmy Bise Jr.
Donate Online Now
Why Should I Donate?
Many people have dropped out of the political process because they have found it to be hurtful, ugly, and harsh. They have given up on the possibility of instilling civility in the governing process, or for that matter, in other areas of our public life as well. But if anything is certain, it is that when civil voices are not heard, other voices will be. In order for change to occur, voices must be heard.
The Institute facilitates dialogue, teaches respect, and builds civility in unique and empowering ways. However, in order for us to expand our work and our effectiveness, we need your support!
Frequently Asked Donation Questions
- How will my donation be used?
- Your donations will be used to help underwrite the costs of the Institute's educational programs and events, such as Congressional Student Forums, student trips to Washington, DC, and educational materials and presentations.
- Is giving online safe?
- Yes; while no system is perfect, the Institute has gone to great lengths to protect your privacy. PayPal securely processes payments for the Institute for Civility in Government. You do not need to register with PayPal in order to donate.
- Is my donation tax-deductible?
- The Institute for Civility in Government is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. All donations are tax deductible to the full extent of the law.
- Is my personal information safe?
- The Institute for Civility in Government honors the rights and privacy of our donors. We do not sell, trade, or share our address lists or mailing lists with any other entity.
Other Ways To Give
The Institute needs the support of its members and the larger community in order to be successful. That support comes through the generous sharing of time, talents and financial support. There are many ways to help provide the funding that is critical to our mission.
Becoming a member provides support to the Institute in more ways than one. Membership fees are a part of that support, and help defray some of the Institute's basic operating expenses. Join Online
While each and every gift is important, it is helpful to our operations to have steady, dependable contributions – and it helps you spread your generosity throughout the year and across your budget!
Each of us must make decisions about what will happen with our wealth and resources after we are gone. Remembering the Institute in your will insures the work you believe in will carry on to the next generation.
Often there is no better way to honor someone else on a special occasion or remember someone who has been important to us than in making a gift in their honor/memory to an organization doing work they believe in. Gifts made to the Institute in this way continue a legacy of reaching out to others with civility and respect, with hope and empowerment. Those who are honored on a special occasion (holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, etc.) will be notified of your thoughtful gift. Families of those remembered by a memorial gift will be notified as well.
Often there is a particular program or concern within the Institute?s work that people wish their money to be used for. Designating your gift to an express purpose within the Institute's mission is always an option.
Giving by mail
While we are happy to receive your donation via PayPal, mailing a check to the Institute circumvents fees incurred by giving on-line, and stretches your dollar further. Please send your check or money-order to: the Institute for Civility in Government, P.O. Box 41804, Houston, Texas 77241-1804.